At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced, and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the user experience vision for one of the core and most important pages of the Wayfair shopping funnel - the Product Details Page (PDP). Simply put, customers need to go through some version of the PDP in order to add to cart and place an order with Wayfair. This makes the page critically important to driving good customer shopping experience and from there growth for the business.
Your goal will be to create a best-in-class PDP shopping experience differentiated to give any customer on any product, device or browser the content and presentation of content from which that customer would derive the most value .
The Product Details Page is viewed by millions of Wayfair customers every day and it seeks to solve four discrete customer problems:
- Allow our customer to quickly and effectively evaluate a product to make a confident purchase decision
- Allow our customer to derive value through clear and actionable offers of complementary products, services and offers
- Provide effective tools for finding substitute products or easy-to-use mechanisms for reaching other experiences of interest to that customer
- Provide a fast and frictionless user experience
As the PDP product lead, you will drive the overall vision for the page and make improvements to the user experience. At the same time, you will be an important thought partner of over a dozen teams solving problems and doing development on the PDP. You will be responsible for the design guiding principles we set for the page, how we think about the experience for different screen sizes and segments and how we use data to inform decisions.
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible space where you have the opportunity to drive significant impact to Wayfair's growth. You are able to build and execute an aggressive long-term roadmap and work with a scrum team to obtain rapid learnings while partnering across virtually every part of the broader organization to ensure a seamless end-to-end customer experience. You are customer and data-obsessed, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
You must have demonstrated success in inspiring and leading a cross-functional team in rapidly delivering value to your customers. You have experience managing and developing other Product Managers to be trusted, confident cross-functional leaders. You practice radical candor - you care personally, and challenge directly. You aim high, calibrate constantly, and know when to double down or fold in pursuit of something even greater. How you'll drive success:
You're who we're looking for if you have:
- Be data-obsessed. Identify, refine, and meticulously monitor your KPIs to understand the health of your product, and opportunities for improvement.
- Be an innovator. Innovate and incubate new ideas to drive Product Details Page initiatives across Wayfair brands and stores.
- Be the voice of the customer. Drive forward our understanding of customer behavior on Product Details Pages and become the expert around how different pieces of the puzzle on the page do or do not fit together. Ensure your partners are always thinking customer-first.
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with creative, engineering, and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap. Strong leadership and communication skills are a must; experience with agile methodologies strongly preferred.
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct.
- Determine what resourcing you need to capitalize on business opportunities. Work to develop talent and build a strong team around you.
- 5+ years experience in product management with a track record of building high-impact, consumer-facing products
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- Superior communication skills and excellent stakeholder management abilities; able to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- The ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; you're as comfortable defining vision and goals as well as you are executing
- The ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments; you have the ability to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- You love mentoring and coaching others to be their best selves
- You are direct and caring at the same time
- You are crazy about product
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task