Vaco is looking for a Systems Engineer for our client in Tampa.
This individual will be responsible for specialized information technology areas and is responsible for performing advanced operational, analytical, and/or technical support functions to maintain and improve the IT environment. This involves interacting and processing requests from associates, customers, and suppliers. In addition, this position involves developing, maintaining, documenting, and executing initiatives, processes, and procedures.in support of IT infrastructure. This involves analyzing, configuring, testing, and implementing the infrastructure. This may also involve monitoring and controlling the performance and status of the infrastructure. This role will also support and maintain the infrastructure.
- Interact with associates, customers, and suppliers to meet service levels.
- Participate as needed in Critical Incident and Implementation reviews.
- Research, resolve, and respond to requests received via the Service Desk and other channels.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems.
- Create knowledge-based solutions, including review and approval for Field Support, and aid to Service Desk associates and other channels.
- Record, communicate and resolve technical and non-technical issues.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Propose solutions to business requirement including identification of multiple solutions, develop scorecards to care solutions, and identify impacts on tangential projects.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following additional responsibilities:
- Develop and configure the infrastructure from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms.
- Test, debug, instrument, performance analysis, and document infrastructure components.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to other System Engineers and Field Support in project management, planning, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Implement the infrastructure by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Implement test plans (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing, test matrices, definition of test methodologies and strategy, etc).
- Provide support to production support service requests and perform routine maintenance and support activities.
- Perform routine infrastructure analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Ensure that plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure.
Qualifications and Educational requirement(s):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar area
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Center environment
- Experience supporting leading edge hardware technology such as hyperconverged solutions from Dell, Cisco UCS Blades, and SAN technologies
- Experience in large-scale virtualization environments using technologies such as VMware VCAC with VSphere and VSAN.
- Act as the point person for critical issues that affect the server, storage infrastructure, network, Active Directory, and endpoints.
- Manage the Citrix infrastructure that supports approximately 3000 virtual desktops.
- Heavy hands on experience with VMware and VCenter in maintaining the complete VMware lifecycle including patching, troubleshooting, upgrades and migrations.
- Should have a strong Storage Area Network (SAN) skill set and be familiar with SAN fundamentals including performance troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Cisco UCS, HP Blade Systems and Virtual Connect, 10-gigabit Ethernet networking, fiber channel concepts.
- Layer 2 switching knowledge as it pertains to interconnecting SAN, VMware and blades.
- Strong event correlation and root cause analysis skills. You must be able to look at numerous events and data points and formulate an accurate root cause analysis.
- Fundamental Active Directory concepts relating to the management and support of 700+ servers
- Strong Windows Server troubleshooting and automation as it relates to the rapid deployment of new virtual machines. Includes understanding of Sysprep, Powershell and Group Policy.
- Strong performance troubleshooting skills including analysis of Perfmon or Microsoft PAL reports
- Ability to perform server systems design, implementation, troubleshooting and administration for assigned systems in on-premise and cloud platforms
- Some experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Working understanding of server, network (including load-balancing) and storage systems, implementation and administration (preferably in an environment hosting web applications and services)
- Prior history of managing traditional enterprise platforms for application runtimes, integration middleware and relational databases
- Basic experience with on-premises to cloud migrations, including re-hosting, re-platforming and re-factoring
- History of system engineering, seeing through projects from initial concept through planning and implementation
Associated topics: http, information architect, infrastructure, ip, maintain, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, server, system architect, system integrator