Permanent General Companies, also known as 'The General' insurance company as seen in national television advertisements, is a rapidly growing company and leading non-standard auto insurance provider. We are growing our Product Management team and are seeking to add dynamic individuals to our staff in one of 3 locations (Nashville, TN, Alpharetta, GA, and Phoenix, AZ). As a member of the Product Team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing business and pricing strategies to drive profitable growth for our auto insurance products as well as meeting our customers needs.
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic (company paid) and supplemental life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!Responsibilities
The Senior Product Manager owns the growth and profitability within their assigned states. You will analyze & evaluate the overall performance of the auto products in your assigned states and make recommendations for product related changes as required to maintain state profitability and volume levels. You will be working with a great team of associates and will have the opportunity to grow your career with The General.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Research the non-standard auto marketplace to gain advanced knowledge of the competition in order to design strategies to compete within the market.
- Organize the research, analysis, filing, programming and delivery of product related changes to the market.
- Partner with Marketing & Sales Department in the development of promotional and marketing strategies of assigned state to ensure that they are directed to the targeted consumer group and partner agencies.
- Work with the functional support departments as needed to establish standards regarding policy services, data processing, pricing and budget analysis, sales support and claims service.
- Analyze the growth and profitability of assigned states. Report to senior management periodically on actual growth and profitability versus the budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of demonstrated proficiency as a Product Manager, Product Analyst, Pricing Analyst or equivalent with personal lines insurance knowledge, preferably with the non-standard product.
- Takes responsibility in his/her own learning/education process by finding information to complete tasks from whatever sources are available; learns to prioritize to manage product/project introduction timelines.
- Advance-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and competitor analysis tools is essential. Overall computer proficiency required.
- Experience with data analysis as well as a detailed understating of insurance related metrics.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of auto insurance pricing, including loss development and trend and how they are applied in the rate making processes.
- Understands the competitive environment within assigned states and can use this information in your day to day job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate information related to assigned states to various internal and external contacts (other Departments, Department of Insurance, Agents, Vendors, etc.).
- Proven organization, follow-through, time management and multi-tasking skills needed.
Bachelor s degree in business related field (Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, and Insurance etc.) required; Insurance designation CPCU a plus.