Description:Advanced Programs Intelligence Systems is looking for a software engineer with project engineering leadership skills to join the team. A systems engineer with demonstrated software engineering experience is also a good fit for this role.
The candidate will be responsible for working with multiple business areas throughout LM, external companies, IC Analysts, and government program offices to develop innovative solutions to hard problems that help shape the future of analytics.. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of prototype machine learning softwareapplications as well as competitive and follow on proposal generation to include technical volume authorship, BOEs, and hardware estimation.
Applicants should expect to be assigned tasks to investigate, propose solutions for, and close on technical topics of interest to the customer and to the program. Applicants are expected to have and maintain proficiency in current and emerging technologies and employ those technologies as applicable while serving as technical resource to government and contractor personnel.
* Background in systems engineering and/or software engineering
* Demonstrated experience in leadership with the ability to build effective and trusting relationships with customers, management, teammates, peers and subordinates
* Ability to inspire cooperation, confidence and motivation of engineering teams, define tasks/objectives, close on tasks and deliver results
* Experience planning, conducting, and/or coordinating systems engineering activities in support of the software development life cycle
* Awareness of standards, processes, procedures, and tools used throughout the software development life cycle
* Familiarity with configuration management principles including software release tools/processes and management of data.
* Awareness of architecture modeling and documentation tools.
* Experience developing documentation to accompany developed software.
* Willingness and demonstrated ability to support proposal activities.
Able to support occasional business travel requirements as determined by the organization.
* Excellent communication skills, both in presenting and writing.
* Proficient communicator both up and down the chain, in interpersonal and group settings, internal and external and be able to work in a variety of environments
* Must be comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
* Must be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize time and work
* Ability and willingness to obtain SCI access.
* Previous experience with mission management, command and control, mission processing, domain and customer base is highly desired.
* Experience implementing / using Model Based Systems Engineering Tools and Processes.
* Familiarity with the needs of consumers of NTM data in the Intelligence Community, and experience working with end users to translate capability needs into software system requirements.
* Knowledge of NTM data sources and system Concepts of Operations (CONOPS).
* Knowledge of NTM subject matter sufficient to develop requirements/prototypes to be developed in mission applications.
* SSC Capture process experience.
* Past proposal writing experience including Technical and Management volume authorship and generating Bases of Estimates.
* Experience leading a team using Agile methodologies for software development.
* Web development experience utilizing a Web Application framework (e.g. Express, Ruby on Rails, etc.), Comfortable testing and deploying software to production environments.
* Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, Cassandra, etc.).
* Experience with common collaborative development tools including Git, JIRA, Redmine, etc.
* Experience evaluating and implementing open-source software and libraries into software baseline.
* Experience with cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Java programming ability&knowledge of Oracle or other relational databases.
* Object-oriented programming experience.
* Knowledge of the UNIX and/or widows programming environment&UNIX shell scripting.
* Experience modeling system architectures with DoDAF and SysML tools (Rhapsody, Cameo).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: c c++, developer, matlab, perl, programming, python, sde, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer