Description:Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Management is looking for a software Engineer to join the Analytics team. This position involves developing and maintaining web-based applications to specified functional and system requirements, leveraging object-oriented design and state of the art web interfaces in the short development cycles prescribed by Agile development. It is a paired programming, virtual environment with two programmers working on one problem at a time promoting shared ownership of the code base and continual leaning. The candidate should be productive working in a team-oriented environment using webcams to stay engaged and avoid distraction. With daily interaction with UX Designers and Product Manager the candidate will understand the 'why' behind the development work and make sure technical complexity is being managed. The team uses Test Driven Development, writing tests first to drive simplicity in code and enable future refactoring with low risk. The ideal candidate should possess strong written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills, learn quickly and solve problems collaboratively.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop object oriented code which interacts with relational databases (e.g. SQLServer, Oracle)
* Develop web application user interfaces which support multiple platforms including mobile platforms
* Ability to understand to design solutions that will fit business requirements
* Strong technical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute in team environment
* Effective communicator; verbal and written communication skills
This position requires U.S. Citizenship
* Minimum 4 years of experience with Java platform and technologies.
* Experience with enterprise level application design and development.
* Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills, projecting a very positive, customer service oriented attitude
* Previously worked in an environment using version control systems such as git.
* Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
* Experience developing APIs for web applications as well as consuming 3rd party APIs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Associated topics: .net, application, backend, programming, sde, sdet, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer