- Support Infrastructure Operations and triage applications issues as they arise.
- Continue to improve server/application performance with increasing reliability and availability while maintaining or reducing costs.
- Works well with other Infrastructure Engineers as well as other teams to drive resolution of incidents and problems.
- Helps architect and implement solutions to address complicated infrastructure designs and application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- Carries out preventive maintenance to ensure reliability and accessibility of various systems and infrastructure components.
Sr. Windows Engineer
Locations: Sunrise FL, Raleigh NC, Richardson TX, Eden Prairie MN
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- Windows server-5yrs, AD, servers with windows stack, virtualization (any flavor)
- Minimum of 5 years supporting and maintaining Windows Server environments
- Minimum of 5 years supporting Active Directory services and group policies
- Minimum of 5 years supporting Citrix XenApp, Xen Desktop and or similar application delivery technology
- Minimum of 5 years supporting VMware, or any other similar hypervisor technology
- Experience using Windows event logs, IIS logs, and application specific logs to address server and application performance issues and system errors
- Experience supporting storage technologies
- Experience with creating technical system documentation and user documentation
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and ideas to non-technical users and internal customers
- Critical thinking and problem solving techniques
- Change management tactics
- Ability to research, understand and support various software products
- Application packaging support and management experience using LanDesk, WSUS or similar.
- Experience creating MS SQL queries, triggers, and stored procedures pertaining to troubleshooting, maintenance, and reporting of applications preferred
- On-call and after-hours availability for infrastructure issues and in accordance with internal change schedules
- Experience with network and systems monitoring, SolarWinds, Splunk, etc
- NetScalers or Load Balancers experience is plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
Education: Bachelor s degree in the Computer Science field and/or 5 years of industry related experience within the Healthcare setting.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician