The main responsibilities of the individual in this position are definition, architecture, design, development, implementation and maintenance of IEEE's vTools web applications. The responsibilities also include Application Support and Maintenance. The candidate will provide technical leadership in software application development of the user interface and user experience for IEEE MGA's e-Commerce solutions, portal web applications, search engine driven solutions, Content Management System based web sites, and other custom web applications. The role typically reports to a Manager and does not manage any direct reports.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Hands-on position with emphasis on User Interface/User Experience software development expertise.
* Provides technical guidance to other staff and management.
* System analysis, design, hands-on development and software architecture proposals.
* Plays a Subject Matter Expert role in several key areas of business and software systems.
* Reports progress and activity to project manager and/or manager on a continuing basis.
* Implement and maintain state of the art portal solutions using industry best practices and staying up to date on emerging trends in order to implement them when appropriate.
* Work hand in hand with system and application developers and business partners to define and implement standards in this area.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task