Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae's technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Are you a talented and motivated Senior-Level Specialist UX Designer that has worked with complex systems to create designs that delight the customer?
If you are, we would like you to join our growing team to craft compelling, meaningful experiences that enable our users to achieve their business goals. Core responsibilities include interaction design, applying ethnographic and usability data, analyzing both stated and emerging requirements, communicating your design motivations/decisions to various partners, and working in a professional manner within a cross-functional team to meet project goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently. Achieve these goals while still fulfilling stated business requirements, project goals, and product vision.
* Work with Product Strategy to understand product requirements and turn them into buildable user experiences
* Collaborate with other designers, user researchers, business analysts, and software engineers to enable the design process, inspire productive dialog, and help the design team to tackle design problems as they arise.
* Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
* Contribute toward and employ established UX patterns and conventions in experiences tailored to target devices (desktop, tablet, phone, etc.)
* Produce design deliverables including user flows, sketches at various levels of fidelity, wireframes, journey maps, and other similar tools to demonstrate and to aid the validation of proposed design solutions.
* Document results of design related meetings and document design deliverables
* This position includes multiple levels of involvement in user research activities
* Proven skills in interaction design and user experience principles.
* 3+ years of professional design experience, including user experience design of web applications. Mobile experience is a strong plus.
* Strong online, or distributable, portfolio/work samples that demonstrate a high-level of proficiency in interaction design for business applications of a similar complexity to the FinTech Enterprise Software domain.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting technologies.
* Experience working closely with product and technology organizations to comprehend product requirements and turn the requirements into buildable user experiences.
* You are talented with writing, presentation, and time management.
* Must be professional and a great teammate
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to prioritize UX issues and review the results of user research.
* Possess a proven working experience with appropriate design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, and Balsamiq.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
* High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
* Experience employing user experience practices in the of Agile/Lean methodologies preferred
* Collaboration/Communication Skills:
* Able to be diplomatic when working with both internal stakeholders, partners and other end-customers
* Capable of skillfully giving and taking feedback
* Capable of producing clear and precise documentation
* Able to formulate clear and understandable reports and present/communicate findings to internal management/leadership teams
* Prior experience or background in the point-of-sale financing or overall FinTech space is a plus!
* You should demonstrate an ability to quickly get up to speed on our core business and other areas of our business as we grow rapidly in existing and new markets
* Demonstrates a deep understanding of the roles in the software engineering process and has experience working directly with these various roles
* Can demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the products they have supported, the personas, each persona's general goals, as well as describe the market value proposition and can describe the competitors and their products advantages and disadvantages.
* Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, HCI, or a related field.
* Field Experience will be considered in place of a degree if accompanied by 5+ years of experience and a very strong portfolio
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing