Product Manager / Commercial Insurance
Woodland Hills, CA USA
Leading Insurance Company in Growth Mode
This role is responsible for the execution of various analytics, management of existing commercial lines products and development of new commercial lines products, collaborating with internal stakeholders as appropriate. A fundamental aspect of this role will be understanding of our systems, rates and rating rules, policy forms and underwriting guidelines as well as researching and analyzing those of our competitors in order to execute changes to maintain and/or improve our market competitiveness.
- Collaborate with the product manager in the execution of the product responsibilities.
- Lead or assist in the day to day product management of assigned lines/areas.
- Assist or facilitate in the product development efforts around these lines.
- Coordinate on the quality assurance and process management/improvement efforts.
- Complete or provide guidance in the completion of business requirement specifications (BRS).
- Guide or coordinate with other functionalities in the implementation of BRS.
- Develop/maintain various product documents, including but not limited to rate and forms manual.
- Develop/maintain Rate Order of Calculation and its Rate Engine configuration.
- Perform or provide guidance in the regular testing of rating/policy processing systems and in the reporting/execution of any deficiency or areas of improvement.
- Manage to ensure that rates and/or forms are adequate, accurate, and compliant in accordance with the state filing.
- Facilitate or provide guidance in regulatory filings.
- Formulate, maintain, and analyze reports around product profitability and production.
- Preparation of other reports and presentations over product features and issues.
- Completion of special projects as directed.
- Other duties as requested.
- College degree required.
- 3+ years in commercial product management and/or comparable years in underwriting.
- Ability to read and understand actuarial rate indication required Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with various project cycles or project management work Works well under deadlines in a changing environment with capability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective at building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel (with VBAs & macros), PowerPoint, Word; Statistical Analysis, SQL and/or SAS Able to travel with overnight stays up to approximately 10% of the time.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task