Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you will be in the Rail Control Solutions (RCS) Systems group. You will demonstrate leadership, and expertise in Systems Engineering. You will be responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and performing engineering duties in deploying signaling systems.
In your role you will:
* Define System Architecture and concept design for the project;
* Lead System Requirements effort ensuring compliance with applicable standards;
* Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces, including electrical, civil and software;
* Lead system design reviews and provide technical leadership in external and internal customer design reviews;
* Develop and maintain a System Description document;
* Provide guidance on improving system operational performance;
* Develop Operational Rules and Principles for customer;
* Develop and maintain a System Engineering Management Plan;
* Chair Change Control Board (CCB) for technical changes;
* Support Project Engineering in all technical decisions;
* Support System Configuration Management for the system through the whole lifecycle;
* Ensure compliance with division and department processes.
As our ideal candidate:
* You hold a Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering;
* You have minimum eight (8) years of responsible and productive design or development engineering experience;
* You own good technical skills and leadership qualities;
* You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Associated topics: equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure architect, maintain, network, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, server, system integrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.