/Sr. Engineer I --/American Express is in the midst of an exciting product and digital enterprise evolution driven by an energetic team of high performers. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our Technology team!
This group is nimble, creative and empowered to shape the merchant's digital landscape. A seasoned and collaborative Senior Software Engineer with a passion to build data intensive systems, is wanted to partner with the Merchant Characteristic team in a bid to change the game.
There are numerous opportunities to make your mark on Technology and life at American Express.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join our organization leading Digital Transformation within American Express. Taking your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices your responsibilities will include:
* Leading a team of Engineers that delivers Merchant Characteristic solutions to businesses worldwide.
* Experience Mentoring and Coaching Engineers and System Designs.
* Writing code, unit tests, code reviews, working with API specs and automation using tools like Selenium, Jmeter for performance testing etc.
* Strong knowledge and hands on experience in distributed technologies including Java, Spring, APIs (REST, SOAP), JSON, XML, Kafka, JDBC, Spring, SLF4J/LOG4J, JUnit, Jenkins, and Maven.
* Deep experience with API development using REST.
* Hands on experience working on various database SQL, NOSQL etc.
* Demonstrated experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) tooling such as Jenkins pipelines.
* Developing micro services using Java and deploying them on enterprise cloud.
* Troubleshooting issues like multi-threading, memory utilization etc. and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis.
* Working closely with Product Owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities that improve the overall experience.
* Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
* A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
* Knowledge on mainframe cobol, db2, IMS, stored procs etc. would be added advantage.
*Are you up for the challenge?*
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* 8 years of Software Development experience.
* Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
* Willingness to learn new Technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
*At the core of Software Engineering*
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
* Agile Practices
* Porting/Software Configuration
* Programming Languages and Frameworks
* Business Analysis
* Analytical Thinking
* Business Product Knowledge
*/Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions./*
**Title:** *Sr Engineer - Mainframe and Java/API*
**Requisition ID:** *18013107*
Associated topics: application developer, c/c++, devops, expert, java, lead, php, senior, software architect, software engineer lead